Smashed iMac G5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
So...I was recently given a new iMac G5 with a smashed LCD. A client of mine tripped over the power cord and it came toppling down onto the floor. Everything works, just a munched LCD. So sad.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody has the raw part number for the 17" iMac G5 LCD panel? I can get the part from Apple for $290, but I'd prefer to get it straight from the manufacturer, whoever that may be.

Oh and for those of you who are sick and twisted, here are some pictures of the victim.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Osiris22x said:
So...I was recently given a new iMac G5 with a smashed LCD. A client of mine tripped over the power cord and it came toppling down onto the floor. Everything works, just a munched LCD. So sad.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody has the raw part number for the 17" iMac G5 LCD panel? I can get the part from Apple for $290, but I'd prefer to get it straight from the manufacturer, whoever that may be.

Oh and for those of you who are sick and twisted, here are some pictures of the victim.

Unfortunately, you need to go through Apple.

OP
Osiris22x
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
Well, if I can find the raw part number of the LCD, I can bypass them and get it direct. Problem is, getting this part number. I guess I'll just have to tear it apart and find it...gah.

Reaction score
As a new switcher and a proud Imac g5 owner that picture of yours made my penis twinge.

I feel for your loss!

F

ForeverG5

Wow, looking at those pictures has scared me for life. Sorry about the iMac. :( See what Apple can do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.