MacBook shuts down when releasing power button

Reaction score
This is hard to explain so I will try my best. I unplugged my MacBook pro to move it to another outlet, I then tried to power it on and it wouldn't turn on. My batter doesn't hold a charge so I keep my computer always on the charger. The charger light is green and when I hit the power button the computer doesn't respond, when I hold the power button it starts making booting noises and then shuts down as it would of someone holds the power button down for a hard shutdown. I tried unplugging it from the charger, removing the battery and holding the power button for five seconds. Still doesn't work, any help?!?! It's a 2008 MacBook pro

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would say you need to replace the battery. Any reason why you haven't tried doing that? Other World Computing sells replacement batteries that exceed the Apple specs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.