Windows 7 drivers via Boot Camp - can't install Windows Support software

Reaction score
I have a brand new MBP 2012 15-inch (non-retina). I'm going through the whole Boot Camp installation process for Windows 7. Apple is supposed to provide the Windows 7 drivers package via download (part of the whole Boot Camp process).

I keep getting this message:

"can't install Windows Support software because it is not currently available from the software update server"

I see tons of people have been having this problem. I've seen some people say that the drivers are now up (as of last week), but that doesn't seem to be the case on my end.

Can anyone help? I have deadlines to meet and was depending on having the dual OS X and Win 7 systems on one machine when I paid over $2000 for this machine.

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
All I can advise you is to keep trying. The servers at Apple have been up and down. Probably down when you tried.

Unless you're absolutely required to run Windows stand alone, you may be able to run whatever apps you need in a virtual machine. Parallels, VMWare Fusion, or the free VirtualBox may suffice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.