Google keep turning Chinese in web browser

Reaction score
Google keeps turning Chinese in web browser

Noticed this problem a couple days ago.

While web browsing my google pages (google searches, gmail, etc) will default to Chinese out of the blue. Actually I'm not positive it's Chinese, but it looks like it.

At first I could reset Safari and shut down and reboot Safari and the problem would correct itself for a long while. It seems to have gotten worse. Now I can still do that, but whenever I open Google it will revert to Chinese whenever I navigate farther than the original google.com. The addresses are still google.com so it doesn't seem to be redirecting to the actual Chinese country site, but just seems to be changing the language.

I've tried rebooting the machine and resetting PR ram. I have tried re-installing Safari and have tried using Firefox but still get the same issue.

I am running Lion.

This problem has become quite frustrating because it makes Google and all it's aspects virtually unusable.

Any advice?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.