Macbook pro needs a boost

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" | iPad 1 | iPhone 5
Hi there!

First of all, I really don't know where to put this thread... So I just put it here, and if someone would have a suggestion on where to put it, please be my guest!

I am the proud owner of a Macbook pro since december 2009 running on Snow Leopard.
He's starting to let me down though, getting slower and slower with the day, and some things won't always work until I restart the laptop. In fact I want to give my macbook a complete boost. I was thinking about a clean install (I upgraded to lion just a few weeks ago, but without the boost result I hoped) but because of reasons it would be difficult to get some applications back to working. In some way, I just want to start "anew". With a completely clean laptop, no hiding files slowing it down etc.
Any ideas?

Cheers, Lily !

NOTE: English is not my mother language so please just see through minor mistakes I may have made above, thank you.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Hi there!

First of all, I really don't know where to put this thread... So I just put it here, and if someone would have a suggestion on where to put it, please be my guest!

I am the proud owner of a Macbook pro since december 2009 running on Snow Leopard.
He's starting to let me down though, getting slower and slower with the day, and some things won't always work until I restart the laptop. In fact I want to give my macbook a complete boost. I was thinking about a clean install (I upgraded to lion just a few weeks ago, but without the boost result I hoped) but because of reasons it would be difficult to get some applications back to working. In some way, I just want to start "anew". With a completely clean laptop, no hiding files slowing it down etc.
Any ideas?

Cheers, Lily !

NOTE: English is not my mother language so please just see through minor mistakes I may have made above, thank you.

Get a faster drive. 7200RPM HDD or a SSD. Why would it be difficult to get applications back to working order if you did a clean install?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" | iPad 1 | iPhone 5
Why would it be difficult to get applications back to working order if you did a clean install?

Just because. I'm not a genius with computers, but I'm quite good. Please just believe me if I say it is like that...
But thanks for the advice, I'll have a look at it! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.