Apple Works

Reaction score
Hi

I have AppleWorks and I was wondering what files from a PC it opens. I tried opening .xlr and .doc files but they do not work. Any help please???

Jack

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i have never had a problem trying to open .doc files or .xls files. you may want to try and open appleworks first then open the files with appleworks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i have opened xcel files in appleworks

R

radarbob

jackhjharding said:
What PC files does AppleWorks Spreadsheet support?
Open an appleworks spreadsheet then click file/save as... There's your answer.

R

radarbob

fearlessfreap24 said:
i have never had a problem trying to open .doc files or .xls files. you may want to try and open appleworks first then open the files with appleworks.
Try opening a Word 2003 file in Word 98 (for example). They're both .doc files right? So why won't word 98 open the file? Because M$ changes the file format all the time. A great ploy to force us all to upgrade, upgrade, upgrade.

If you want to make word files that have a reasonable chance of being opened by others save the docs as RTF format or an older version of word. Word 95/98 format is pretty good.

If you MUST keep up w/ the latest PC formats, buy MacLink Plus and keep upgrading it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i have maclink for free somehow, i have NO CLUE how it got on my computer!

R

radarbob

macAttack said:
i have maclink for free somehow, i have NO CLUE how it got on my computer!
Maclink is integrated into Appleworks. In other words, it's maclink doing the file translation to appleworks.

As I (vaguely) understand it, if you want to keep up w/ file formats, you need to purchase Maclink Plus. I mean Appleworks is not releasing upgrades just because a new version of maclink plus has been released.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
ahh, thanks i didn't know that!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.