Suddenly my Seagate GoFlex Ultra-portable drive could not be detected by my Mac Book

Reaction score
Suddenly my Seagate GoFlex Ultra-portable drive could not be detected by my Mac Book Pro (OS X 10.7.2). It does not appear in the Finder and Disk Utility.The light of the GoFlex keeps on blinking when connected to my pc. Initially, when I installed GoFlex was when OS X version of my pc is lower than 10.7.2 (forgot the lower version). GoFlex runs smoothly for sometime and able to use it to store files and photos. Then later my OS X was upgraded to 10.7.2. Not sure if this is the reason but after the upgrade to 10.7.2, GoFlex could no longer be detected. Tried to connect GoFlex to a Window PC, GoFlex was not detected as well (or is it because my GoFlex is Mac formatted?) Please help. Thanks.

Reaction score
There is a long thread on GoFlex problems in the Apple Support forums. I gave up trying to get a new GoFlex working on my iMac and took it back for a Western Digital, which has been flawless.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Even if it's formatted for OSX the PC will still detect the drive and Windows will tell you it's not a recognized format. It sounds like the drive or the controller board in the case died.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.