New macbookpro,do I need CCleaner?

pcc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2012 15" MBP Mavericks
Do I need too use this as I used in windows? Also what is used to clear out cache, or do i need to even treat this like a windows machine as far as that goes?

This is my first mac and am really trying to take all this in. WOW this thing will do just about everything.

Steep learning curve for me.

Thanks

edit to add: How do you minimize safari? I am coming from chrome and want to use this but it seems a little less intuitive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Do I need too use this as I used in windows? Also what is used to clear out cache, or do i need to even treat this like a windows machine as far as that goes?

This is my first mac and am really trying to take all this in. WOW this thing will do just about everything.

Steep learning curve for me.

Thanks

edit to add: How do you minimize safari? I am coming from chrome and want to use this but it seems a little less intuitive.

Hi,

No, you don't need this app. All the maintenance tools you will need are already on your Mac. Internet history and caches can be cleared easily by clicking Safari on the menu bar top left of your screen. Private Browsing is a handy tool. You can also manage history and cookies in Safari>Preferences>General and Privacy respectively.

You would minimise Safari by clicking the small amber button top left of the browser window, or you can alter the size of the window by clicking and dragging the cursor over bottom right corner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7
No, I have tried CC on my Macs and it does not do much or offer the same functionality as it's Windows counterpart (I do use CC on my "Redmond" rig). If you are bound and determined to use an app such as CC go with Onyx.

OP
P

pcc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2012 15" MBP Mavericks
thanks guys, I see the amber button only when its not in full
screen mode to minimize. IS this normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15, 2.2ghz, 4G ram 10.9
That is normal.

If you find yourself floundering around in the mac environment let me recommend a free app tutorial that will walk you through the basics of how a mac works. SCOtutor for Mac is a free app and is basically a video tutorial that runs about 2 hours and gives you a lot of information on how to make setting changes to your mac and where to find it.

For free and the information you get you can't beat the deal. It is in the Mac App store. I'm a relatively new mac user as well. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G
Get Onyx. Better than CCleaner.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.