Connecting to multiple WiFi hotspots

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying the following projector: Newegg.com - Dell M110 1280 x 800 300 ANSI Lumens LED Ultra - Mobile Projector 10000:1

It allows you to connect to it as a WiFi hotspot. I was hoping to connect my Macbook to it and watch movies from Netflix or Youtube. Unfortunately, you can't have simultaneous WiFi connections on one network card so I won't be able to connect to my router wirelessly while connected to the projector. Therefore, I won't be able to watch Netflix or YouTube on my projector, which kind of defeats the purpose since that constitutes a large amount of my viewing.

Is there anyway around this? I know for PC there is a VirtualWifi application you can download to have multiple WiFi hotspots simultaneously.

The only option I've found is to buy a separate USB wireless adapter since I think the computer would recognize that as a non-wireless device and I could connect through both that and the built in wireless connection at the same time. Would this be the best alternative?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.