Web and Mail Control on Mac Server

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking in incorporating a Mac Pro with Lion Server in my company as I have about 20 Macs already installed, I was wondering if there are any MailMarshal and WebMarshal equivalent software which I can use on the Mac Pro Server to control the mail flow and the Web flow in my company, I would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help! :D

thank you,

Migu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Mail

OSX sever includes junk mail filtering where you can set an aggressive or more liberal policy

Virus filtering is also controlled by server admin

Web

You setup groups and can limit or control web access to all group members through the workgroup manager

There are no plug ion separate products as far as I know, it's a self contained solution, but bear in mind that if you bring a mail server in house, then your internet connection must be solid, if you have regular downtime then customers will get bounce backs when sending mail to a server on your business network

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you for your quick reply, relating to Web, would I be able to create restrictions on what websites can be visited on the client macs from the Server? would I be able to filter certain words from being searched such as profanity and sexual related content? This will be applied to a public library where we already have many macs installed in reception and back-office so it would be great to get some help of what features Lion provide for mail and web security and control or if there is anything out there that could do it more specifically, and I would be happy to pay for the licensing if it has to be third party software

I have used PC server all my life and I have always used Mail and Web Marshal, I just wish that there is something out there similar to it for Mac!

Thanks again for helping me with this, and sorry for all the questions!

OP
M
Reaction score
would anyone please help me out with this issue? I could really do with a solution and some more information about this, thanks so much in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
OS X Server will not monitor web traffic. Perhaps a SonicWall with content filtering will serve that need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can block websites in OSX server eg FaceBook

you can also block websites on the router, by the way, some routers can be accessed on 192.168.0.1

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, after liaising with the client, he is very keep on keeping everything mac, this is going to be applied on a family library, so controlling what the kids can search and visit on the web is critical, and also what the staff can send email wise and block unwanted words from being typed/received through email, is there really no app out there that can help me with this? Mail and Web Marshal work brilliantly on PC, please let me know if you guys know of any third part software I can purchase to achieve this,

thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.