How to share a same internal hard drive between Mac OS Lion & Windows 7

Reaction score
I bought a new Macbook Pro 13" this week and would like to explore more applications in between Mac OS & Windows 7 with it.

Therefore, I use bootcamp to create a hard drive space for windows. Now, I am wondering is there a way to share the secondary hard drive in between Mac OS and Windows.

My hard disk setting in my Mac OS:
200 GB - System Partition
550 GB - Bootcamp

my Hard Disk settint in my Windows 7:
150 GB - C drive (Windows)
400 GB - D Drive (Second Partition) <-- I delete the bootcamp drive and create two disks during the installation of windows 7. Also, I delete the 600MB disk partition just to ensure windows 7 and Mac OS won't crash.
200 GB - MAC OS (read only)

In this setting, I want my Mac OS X can able to read/write my D drive (in windows 7), where I can share the media files or documents between Windows 7 and Mac OS.

I tried to search for the solution from the internet, but it was not successfully found. Can anyone know any trick or 3rd party software to make this happens?

Thank you everyone if you could help me out, since I spent like 2 to 3 days to search for the solution and could not find any solution at all. I have no choice but look for your help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Also, I delete the 600MB disk partition just to ensure windows 7 and Mac OS won't crash.

I'm not sure exactly what you deleted but it sounds like you may have removed your Lion Recovery partition. If so, that was a bad move because you will have no way to verify and repair your hard disk if needed. It also will make it very difficult to reinstall Lion if that is ever required.

To answer your questions: There are two applications you can buy, one will allow reading and writing to NTFS from OS X = Paragon NTFS. The other will allow reading and writing to HFS+ from Windows 7 = MacDrive.

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what you deleted but it sounds like you may have removed your Lion Recovery partition. If so, that was a bad move because you will have no way to verify and repair your hard disk if needed. It also will make it very difficult to reinstall Lion if that is ever required.

To answer your questions: There are two applications you can buy, one will allow reading and writing to NTFS from OS X = Paragon NTFS. The other will allow reading and writing to HFS+ from Windows 7 = MacDrive.

I have come to this conclution. I need both this applications to be able to access read/write my files from both W7 and OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
If you install and run W7 using Parallels you can see, use and interact with the Mac disk drive at all times. Works just fine under Lion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.