macbook air 2012

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ipad 3 64gb
Hello:) I want to buy i primary computer.I'm very interested about macbook air 13inch 2012 base model.Do you think that air is enough powerfull for daily uses (internet,fb,skype,music,full hd movies,a little bit gaming) for minimum 3-4 years? :) I know that for the same price i can buy macbook pro 13 inch ant it have more power but,but the air design is so attractive :))) so,thanks everyone :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Everyone loves the Air (including me) because it's small and as you say, attractive. However, on the practical side, the 13" MacBook Pro is a better purchase since it's upgradeable, can hold more memory, has an optical drive which you can replace with a SSD, a larger hard drive and so on.

I would buy the MBP, but it's your choice and money.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
To add to chscag's excellent advice, I would also note that either notebook has weak, integrated graphics, which are definitely not well suited for gaming right out of the box. 3-4 years out? I would say that most contemporary, high-end games are off the table even brand new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
if you want an air you should get an air. if you dont you will just spend your days going man i really wanted an air. I have a 2012 air and I love it. you should get it if you can.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Go for the MB Air

I have an 11" 2011 MB Air and love it for it's size, weight, portability, battery life. I did goose it up when I ordered it with max sized SSD, fastest processor, and max memory knowing that it would not be upgradable in the future.

I also have a 15" 2010 MB Pro which I primarily use as a desk top with the Apple 27" monitor. Heavy.

The MB Air will do all you need, do it well, and do it quickly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.