iPhone4 usage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
So I recently upgraded my 2 year old iphone 4 to a 4s (i had my reasons). The 4 still works, but a good portion of the back plate is missing since i dropped it. It hasn't lost any functionality, but I'm wondering what use I can have for the old 4, whether it's as a remote, media player, etc. Suggestions are welcome.

C

chas_m

There are many repair services that can help you with the back plate. Then you can sell it.

If you keep using it without its back plate it will eventually develop other problems, so my advice would be to fix the thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Agreed the back glass is a cheap and easy fix.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
if it is 2 years old it is a phillips tip and you can get a new back on amazon for around 15 dollars with shipping. It takes only about 1-2 minutes to do. Make sure the mute switch is down when you pull the old one off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in MacBook Pro 2.8ghz i7 8gb ram, iphone 3gs 16gb, iphone 4 32gb, iphone 4s 32gb, Apple tv 3rd gen
You can get a OEM Back replacement on Amazon.com or other stores live Applepartsstore.com for around $10-15, its a simple fix and most of the companys on there that sell the parts will also include a pentalobe screwdriver when they send out your part.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.