CTRL+ALT+DELETE in Boot Camp

Reaction score
I tried looking for an answer to this, but didn't have much luck. I have a MacBook Pro(Intel) and I just installed Windows 7 on Bootcamp side cause VM Fusion doesn't give me as much control working on wireless networks for clients. How do I get the Delete button to work so I can log in? And yes, I have to log in that way since machine is part of a domain. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I don't have my laptop on a domain, but the fn+delete key is the traditional delete button, so I'd try ctrl+alt+(fn+delete)

OP
C
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that is the first thing I tried and it does not work. Even when using to on screen keyboard I have to push the CTRL and ALT keys by hand and use the mouse to get Delete to work. I did not have this issue with XP installed. I'm guessing something changed with Win 7...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm, I've read (although not confirmed) that you might be able to do:

ctrl + Option(alt) + Command + fn + delete

in that specific order. If that doesn't work, you may need to get into windows and see about remapping the keys...

OP
C
Reaction score
I got it working now! Had to download the latest version of Boot Camp and Boot Camp Tools(Version 4). Once I did that and installed the tools in Windows, (Not OS X!) it works like a champ!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cool. I assumed you had the latest version of bootcamp drivers installed, I probably should have asked to make sure.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Post is more than 5 years old. Long been resolved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.