Upgrading to ssd

Reaction score
So I just bought a brand spanking new classic 15" MBP and I'm eager to crack it open and install the ssd I also just got in the mail.

I assume once I install the ssd, that Internet lion recovery thingy will kick in and automatically download and install osx lion onto this new blank ssd, correct? Or do I have to turn the comp on one time with the original hard drive and burn a recovery disk or something?

Also, will it automatically format the drive for me to HFS+ Journaled? Thanks.

Reaction score
I did a Time Machine backup onto a usb drive and when i installed the SSD and booted up my MBP for the first time it connected to the internet then after a few minutes it gave me the option to either do a Time Machine Restore or to download Lion from the internet, i think it was called Lion Internet Recovery.
I installed from a TM backup and it took about 40 minutes. After that everything was running perfectly and mega quick. My 13" MBP boots up to the login screen in about 9 seconds.
HTH

Laughjimbo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.