Macbook Air Scratch

Reaction score
I got this scratch by carrying it around in my handbag without a case, and then it was on a pedestal type thing and was knocked off from like a couple of inches, so I'm not exactly sure if the Macbook AIr is very delicate or something else caused it. I know that the warranty doesn't cover accidents, but is there anything I could say to the people at the store to make them think the opposite? Or is there any other way to fix it? It really sucks because my Macbook Air was my first ever Apple laptop, and is only like two months old.

Pictures of the scratch: Pictures by 321778698 - Photobucket

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I know that the warranty doesn't cover accidents, but is there anything I could say to the people at the store to make them think the opposite? Or is there any other way to fix it? It really sucks because my Macbook Air was my first ever Apple laptop, and is only like two months old.

Nope...nothing you can do. Scratches, dents, ding's, nick's, abrasion's etc....are VERY VERY VERY VERY common (did I use enough very's).

The only thing you can do is be:

- [size=+2]VERY[/size] careful
- get a protective case of some sort
- or live with it

...and come to the realization that these negative cosmetic things are just going to happen (sooner or later).

Aluminum Powerbooks have been around since 2001, some MacBook models from 2008, and MacBook Pro's since 2006...so you are far from the first person to experience this!;)

- Nick

p.s. I agree...it's really terrible when you get your first scratch...but be assured...there will be more!;)

OP
A
Reaction score
Update

Thank you so much for your help.

Yikes, there are gonna be more?! :( My laptop seems to have gotten so delicate and breakable as of late. All I did was pick my laptop up from my bed and place it lightly next to my nightstand. The crack, or whatever it is, seems to be getting bigger and bigger. Are you sure there isn't anything I can do?

Updated photos: ScreenShot2012-06-24at115000AM.png picture by 321778698 - Photobucket

ScreenShot2012-06-24at115014AM.png picture by 321778698 - Photobucket

OP
A
Reaction score
Update

Thank you for being so helpful; I wasn't aware that this huge @#$% cracks were common. But what's so odd (and sad) is that it made my Macbook delicate. And that's putting it lightly. Like all I needed to do was to LIGHTLY take it from my bed to my night stand, and the crack would get even bigger. D: So now, I just use it on my bed. Is there anything I can do?

New Photos:

OP
A
Reaction score
UPDATE: The crack seems to be getting bigger and bigger. And I didn't even do anything, after the initial incident, I've just left my laptop of my bed, but it still has been getting bigger and bigger. (Updated pictures are linked below.) Do you have any idea as to what it causing it, and whether or not it's fixable?

And that's not even all of it. When I got home today, I found yet ANOTHER line running up. D:

Reaction score
I feel you

I just got my 2013 macbook air in the mail yesterday I was trying to get a small piece of paper out and it got stuck inside my computer, and now I can't find it. On top of that, well, I found 3 small scratches not even an inch long on the bottom of my computer. I had a case that I ordered off Amazon, but it didn't fit! I had to use a lot of pressure to get one side to snap on so I just took it off scared I would ruin my new mac. >_< I love the look, but too easy to get scratches. If it was my old Dell laptop, I wouldn't give a care in the world, but with my mac, it just bugs me.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Buy a sleeve. I've had good luck with these ones. They'll protect it while travelling which is nice if you frequently put your MBA in different places and bags.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Dropping something even from a small height causes the frames to bed on these computers. I have seen them dropped from 4 feet and come out fine and i have seen them dropped from 6 inches and shatter the screen. The only way to fix it is to replace the display.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.