"no camera connected"

Reaction score
Hi, I have an early 2011 Macbook Pro OS X Version 10.6.8 .
Starting around 4 days ago every time i open photobooth/skype/facetime.. its has a blank screen saying "no connected camera" . I have followed the advice from the Mac website, the SMC resetting, many times, it didn't help. I have tried creating a new account on the computer, didn't help! I can't think of what i did to make this problem arise! But i am convinced it does have something to do with the SMC system management control as the other symptoms are that my computer is very warm and the keyboard backlight is not functioning!
PLEASE HELP! i am currently travelling overseas so taking this computer to the shop i bought it as is not an option!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you've reset the SMC and the camera still fails to function and the keyboard backlighting is not working, then you've probably done all you can do until you can take the machine to Apple. If you have Apple care or if the machine is still under the one year warranty, any authorized Apple dealer can be used for repairs. You didn't say where you are overseas?

OP
C
Reaction score
Replying

Hi I am in Spain, i did go to a store that had apple computers, no english speakers and they gave me a card for another place. My computer is just over a year old, so the one year warranty has worn off and i am unsure about the apple care, i doubt I have it, I cannot remember!

No other ideas on how to fix it? Maybe i haven't reset it properly though i read over those instructions lots of times.
Maybe i wasn't reading for the correct method, there was a few! (removable battery/intel run/non-removable battery) eek!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Resetting the SMC is a straight forward procedure. If you followed the Apple instructions, then you likely did it correctly. My advice is if you can live without the iSight and keyboard backlighting until you return to the US it might be better. Or if you're passing through the UK, take it to a local Apple store there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.