ipod video external power?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Does anyone know of a car charger or an external battery hookup for the ipod video? i bought the wife a 60gb ipod video for x-mas but I am a little concerned about the battery life. She is military and will be taking the ipod to the field with herand needs more battery life badly. Will the external batteries and chargers for the other ipods work with the video?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Anything from the older models will (3rd gen on) will work because they all use the dock connector

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Excellent, thanks trpnmonkey41. Thats what i was hoping. Kinda crappy of apple to not include a wall adapter with a 400 dollar ipod. It came with the 20gb g4 ipod. Oh well, i guess apple doesn't already have enough of my money, lol

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Another ipod question. The new 60gb ipod video doesn't ship with a firewire cable or a wall adapter. I can't open it yet because it is a x-mas gift for the wife. I was wondering, will the firewire cable and the wall adapter that goes with the firewire cable work with the video ipod? I have two 4th gen 20gb ipods that have the firewire cables and wall adapters that shipped in the box. The video only ships with the usb wire, so i was curious about that. Seems like it would be a step back for apple to not have it compatible with firewire. I also dont want to fry it by plugging in the firewire wall chargerif its not supposed to work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can only use firewire to charge it (and the cable and brick from older models works fine) to sync with music you need to use USB

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great thanks, doesn't make much sense on the part of apple, but hey at least she can charge it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.