Email password error message???

Reaction score
Im running OS X Lion and i keep getting this error message.....(The Yahoo! IMAP server “imap.mail.yahoo.com” rejected the password for user ). the password I'm entering is correct but i keep getting this message every 2 or 3 minutes requesting my password and its driving me mad, any help would me much appreciated .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Are you using port 993 (SSL) ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you tried changing your password?
Or
removing then re-adding the account?

OP
D
Reaction score
i was thinking of removing then re-adding the account? ill give that a try. thanks for your response.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would first go direct to the Yahoo IMAP server via its web address and change the password from there. Removing the account and re-adding it should be the last thing to try.

Reaction score
Mail Password errors

I have started getting the same password errors on 4 different email addresses with different suppliers, so I expect its a lion software issue!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15
same problem

I am having the same error message with my yahoo account. Everything was fine for a month or so. then I began to get the error message at an increasing frequency. Now it won't log in and retrieve mail from yahoo at all. my gmail account is working fine. I have deleted and re-installed the account. I have changed the password at yahoo. still get error message. The account is linked to an att.net account with same login/password combo. I get same error if I delete the yahoo account and install the att.net account. What's up? I'm a recent convert from PC and Outlook. I like apple mail better except for this problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
I had this problem all the time on Lion. I changed the pw, deleted and added the account and nothing worked. Now, I noticed that I am getting the error on Mountain Lion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.