Macbook Pro Issues

Reaction score
I posted a while back about this but i'm having a display issue. 2010 macbook pro!

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 320M

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you attach an external monitor or TV, do you see the same distortion on the display?

Reaction score
If a reboot does not cure this screen problem,I fear it's a trip to the Apple store and bad news. A new video card needed. Price of this fix for older Mac could put a new Mac book Pro. as a better choice. Wish I had a better answer.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If an external display does not show the distortion the problem could likely be with your GPU. The fact that a Mountain Lion beta did not show the distortion does not mean much at this point in time. I would take it on in to Apple since you have Apple care. Let them deal with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.