Headphones

Reaction score
I've gotten 2 brand new out of the box pairs of headphones and in both pairs, only ONE of the earbuds emits noise. i'm seriously so frustrated, I always listen to music on my phone and at this point it's just driving me nuts. Literally out of the box, unfolded, plugged in, 1 side of noise. does anyone else have this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Just an unlucky manufacturing issue. Just return for a replacement/refund.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I've gotten 2 brand new out of the box pairs of headphones and in both pairs, only ONE of the earbuds emits noise. i'm seriously so frustrated, I always listen to music on my phone and at this point it's just driving me nuts. Literally out of the box, unfolded, plugged in, 1 side of noise. does anyone else have this problem?

I had a similar problem when I first got my iPhone4 because I was feebly inserting the jack into the socket instead of pressing it home fully. :Blushing:

Reaction score
The rubber case that surrounds my iPhone makes it feel as though I have pressed the cable in all the way but I need to push slightly harder to push the rubber out of the way and allow full insertion. So it's possible you are having a similar problem as one other poster suggested.

Also, you might consider switching to bluetooth headphones. I did and I would never go back to dangling wires again. Your application may required bud style but thought I would mention it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.