Sound for outgoing mail sometimes happening and sometimes not

Reaction score
Hello,

I noticed already some time ago that Apple Mail seems to make the usual sound for outgoing mail only sometimes and sometimes not. It is more not happening than happening. I cannot recognize any pattern in this behavior.

Any idea what is going on here and how to fix it - or is this a normal behavior for Mail? I'm running OS X 10.7.4 with all the latest updates. Repairing permissions does not help.

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, that's not normal for Lion. Make sure you have your sound turned up and not muted or real low when you send mail.

OP
D
Reaction score
Make sure you have your sound turned up and not muted or real low when you send mail.
... I guess if my sound would be turned down or muted or real low I would never hear a sound. My sound is, of course, up and the volume does not get changed inbetween emails.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.