iPhone restrictions

Reaction score
My toddler loves to play with my iPhone. She loves all the apps I have downloaded. I don't want to take it away from her, but do want her to be unable to call out. I have tried airplane mode but she is able to tap out of it very easily. I have also tried restrictions in the setting menu and that does not work either. With the exception of not letting her use it, does anyone have ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Buy her a toy cell phone that looks like a real iPhone. I don't know if one exists but I suspect that it does in some toy catalog or store. An expensive and delicate item such as the iPhone is not something that a child should be playing with.

C

chas_m

Disclaimer: I am not a parent, and am thus clueless and stupid and must hate children. :)

It boggles my mind that anyone would give a toddler a (retail) $600+ item (of any sort) to play with. Sheer madness and begging for problems IMHO.

I strongly second chscag's suggestion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I am a parent and I can see why a toddler is so interested. Especially when they see their parents spending so much time with said phone.

If you aren't prepared just to stop her using it..... Perhaps consider getting a 2nd hand iPod touch?

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for suggestions

Thank you for the time you guys took to respond to me. However, as I believe I stated, I am not looking for judgements or alternatives....just how to restrict phone calls only on my iPhone.
My daughter is unable to speak and we are using the communication apps in hopes that she will someday be able to communicate through them. She already has her own iPad which she uses all the time...but she is very obsessed with my phone as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If it's a direct answer you're after then it's a no. There's no way built into the iPhone to prevent outgoing calls unless you're prepared to pop the sim card out.
That will transform the iPhone into and iPod touch and prevent calls

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.