iPhone 3GS Wifi Issue with fix.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Thought I would post this here in case anyone else has the same issue.

I purchased an iPhone 3GS to replace my 3G that got ran over by a car! Got it used at this store that restores older iPhones putting in a new screen and battery. Mine has been 100% for months now, so my close friend decided to get one to replace his aging Nokia Dumb phone. After around 3 weeks, no Wifi. At first he said the WiFi seemed weak and right in the same room with the router then it stopped working altogether! I would have checked it for him but he still was under warrantee, so we took it to the store.

I told the person my feeling on what was wrong and he proceeded to take off the front. Once inside he found the issue and complimented me saying you were right! When he changed the battery, the cable to the WiFi Antenna labeled 6 was never clicked back securely on it's connector and came totally off! Pushed it back on and now he has full bars anywhere in his house.

So if you have a 3GS and the Wifi does not have any or weak signal, check that antenna connection and don't throw out your 3GS! :D Grin

Hope this helps someone else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.