• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Quicktime Pro problem

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here, hoping to find an answer to a dilemma!

I'm running Quicktime Pro player 7 on Lion.

Some background: I'm making an animation of scientific data for a scientist, using Cinema 4D. I have two image sequences from the scientist to use in Cinema as textures to map onto a plane (in this case two planes side by side). The data shows two different qualities measured in the same sample of water. One shows a lot of color data changing over time, and the other shows mostly blue, then some color data. Both movies have a grey line running through them, representing a certain thing in the water, and it changes over time. The line is the same for both. Both of these movies will run at the same time, and although the color data will be different, the gray line must be the same at all times on both movies.

But the two movies do not sync up. They both start and stop at the same time, but after a while if you stop them, the gray line is different when it should be the same. Both movies run at 6 frames per second. Both movies have 201 frames. Both movies last for 33.5 seconds. When I open them both in Quicktime Pro, and run them by choosing Play All Movies, they run at the same time, but they are not the same when you stop them, and you can see that they don't sync up when they are playing.

I've opened the two sets of images (all 201 frames) and compared them side by side, and the grey line is consistently the same in every frame, but the movies don't run perfectly in sync.

Does anyone know what could be happening here, and what I can do to remedy the situation? I hope this description isn't too confusing.

thanks,
Jack

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.