Playing in my car

J

Jarbo

I have a 10-gig I Pod that I have been playing thru my car stereo with the white unit that you plug into the cig. lighter. I have a hard time keeping it on a station, it seems I am always having to fine tune it. My stereo also will not let me tune to a empty station and set the IPod up. I have to find a weak one and try to tune it out.

It seems to me their has to be a better system than this. Can anyone give me any input. My radio does not have a RCA jack or cd plug in so I can't go that route.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
you could get a cassette adapter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
ach. hmmm well since you dont have a cassette adapter or rca inputs really your only choice is the wireless method. i dont have experience with any of them so im not sure if some are better then others at transmitting although i have read that the iTrip is excellent

OP
O

OSIRIS

Get your hands on a radio with auxillary RCA inputs and hook it up that way. Then you can get the dual RCA to mini-stereo cord and you're good to go. Then all you need is a cheapo cell phone holder and the iPod will sit right in there and you've got a killer set up. :)

OP
O

ormnik

I have a Pioneer DEH-P4400 that I wanted to hook my iPod to. I found that the Pioneer has what is called an IP-BUS port on the back for hooking up CD changers to. Pioneer makes an adapter that plugs into this port but instead of connecting it to a CD changer it has a small box with two RCA plugs on it. This now plays through the AUX on the head unit. I haven't used a CD since... Hope this helps.

OP
J

Jarbo

Actually I am picking up a JVC tomarrow that has a front plug and plays both regular cd's and mp3's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.