Macbook pro users help?

Reaction score
can a pc tower be hooked up to a macbook pro ? I'm thinking of getting macbook pro, since my pc monitor stop working; and I think it's about time that I make the which. only I have important files and programs on my pc which I can not because I have no monitor is there a way I can use VGA cord, or something similar? I don't really feel like getting a whole new monitor I would like to start of fresh with a new computer. sorry if this is a stupid question.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Probably the easiest way would be to pull the PC's Hard Drive and stick it in an external enclosure like this one
Amazon.com: Vantec NexStar CX NST-300S2-BK 3.5-Inch SATA to USB 2.0 External Hard Drive Enclosure (Black): Electronics

I'm assuming your PC uses SATA 3.5 drives; if not select an enclosure compatible with your drives.

Your MacBook Pro will be able to read from the PC drive, but not write to it because the drive will almost certainly be formatted NTFS. When you finish transferring your files you can reformat the old PC drive to OS Extended Journalled and use it for backup or storage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.