Macbook v Mackbook Pro.

Reaction score
I am thinking of upgrading my Power mac to a Macbook, or Macbook Pro.
(I have never owned a laptop)
I don't have a big need to have a laptop, but like the idea of it. I woild still like to use my Samsung screen, keyboard, and mouse.
1,Will both of these units allow me to do that?
2, Dose it hurt a laptop to be plugged in all the time?
3, Is this a good idea?
I likely will buy a newer used one.
4, Should I be on the lookout for any (bad) models ?
Thank you very much.
Ken.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
I recommend a MacBook pro, they are more powerful, and they are a stronger build. Both would let you connect a monitor, with the video adapters. Yes 24/7/365 plugged in is bad for the battery, but you just need to unplug it every so often a drain as low as you can the charge to 100%, apple says at least once a month, I say at least once every 2 weeks.

Models to stay away from, the non unibody MacBooks had problems with the palmrest and the screen bezel cracking and the mid 2007 to early 2008 MacBook pro has known issues for video card failing, I had this happen with mine 2 or 3 times in the 2 or 3 years I owned it. The only MacBook I really like for quality and performance was rather aluminum MacBook late 2008 I believe.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am thinking of upgrading my Power mac to a Macbook, or Macbook Pro.

Are you talking about buying new or used?

If only new...then your only choice is the MacBook Pro...since the MacBook line of computers has been discontinued.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.