Leopard? help on eMac

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a bunch of old iMac g3s and eMacs. I am trying to figure out which version my eMacs are. I've looked at the sticker on the optical drive panel and discovered all but one to be the 1Ghz version. However, the last doesn't have the flap. I know I can go to the About this Mac box but I have only a keyboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi, I just bought a bunch of old iMac g3s and eMacs. I am trying to figure out which version my eMacs are. I've looked at the sticker on the optical drive panel and discovered all but one to be the 1Ghz version. However, the last doesn't have the flap. I know I can go to the About this Mac box but I have only a keyboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Like you said...to identify these eMac's...you either have to find the spec. label on them...or boot the computer & go to the "About This Mac" window.

They all pretty much look the same...so there's no tell-tale external differences to easily identify them.

If you only have a keyboard...almost any USB mouse will work (or almost any USB input device).

Your thread title says something about "Leopard" (OS 10.5)...but you didn't ask a question about it...so I cannot comment.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.