Can't "save as" emails

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
I'm needing to create various pre-made emails to send to my clients. For example, one email will be their log-in information for their online photo gallery. I've created this email but when I go to save it, the "save as" option is not available, only the "save" or "save as stationery" options are available. I just switched from PC to Mac a week ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Why do you need to "save as" ?? When i do a pre-made email and I'm done with it, i click the red button top left and brings up a prompt "don't save", "cancel", or "save". This will save them to your drafts folder. If you then open it up and decide to write more in the email, you can click the red dot again and the corrections/additions you made will be automatically saved for you in the same drafts folder as the same email..
HTH and welcome to the forums

Cheers

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
ThanksTattooedMac for replying. I've been working on learning so many different things on this Mac today that I might get this mixed up a little. But I want to say that I did "save" the pre-made email as a draft, but then I sent the email and it was not available in my drafts folder anymore? I send the same 10 emails to every client. So I need to find a way to pre-create each email, save it as an editable draft, then open it up for each client & include dates, log-in info, & various other unique details for each client.

I did try and just forward the email I had created to another client, but when I hit forward, it changed all my text in my previously sent message to a blue color. I like to color coordinate my links, passwords, etc. to go with my photo header & footer, so turning all my text to an ugly blue color won't work for me. And I don't have the time to change it all back every time.

Are there by chance different email utility apps that I can use in place of the one that came with my Mac? I don't use email on my iPhone so compatibility wouldn't matter to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Ahh no worries. Apple does tighten the ropes on certain thing :( but here is a good list, and to let you know i have heard good things about Thunderbird on this forum. Worth the look.

Someone could chime in with a answer for you that use the Mac Mail App for more than just send and receive emails and that exactly what i use it for. Nothing special like you.

Cheers

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
Chas_m ... I saved it initially as a "stationery" and closed the app, re-opened the app, opened that "stationery" but that option does not allow me to change the text. It's basically just an image of my entire previously created email.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.