Mac book pro hardware error messages

Reaction score
I have a MACBOOK PRO 4,1 which is displaying abherrent behaviour i.e shows a cursor with a series of parallel and horisontal lines and will not boot properly. I have checked everything, including the recommended PRAM and reboot resets etc etc. The hardware check gives me the following error "4MEM/9/40000000:51d99c10:51d98560."

Is there a site which identifies the meaning of such error messages. Like most of us, I am out of date for warranty support and because of an unpleasant visit to the local Apple Experts, I have no faith in their ability to fix the problem at a reasonable cost. I am a 70 plus year old veteran who really can't afford to buy a new PRO. Grateful any advice you may have.

C

chas_m

That looks to be a RAM error. If so, you are in great luck, as that is an exceedingly inexpensive and relatively easy fix.

You don't say where you are, but most places have more than one Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP). Check around.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.