Time Machine Help!

Reaction score
So i have a 2007 macbook (intel core 2 duo, 2.16 ghz) and i was having a few problems with it starting and shutting down. So i reinstalled ion, wiping out all my files and everything so that it would work. Now i only want to restore certain files from my time machine (music etc). So how do i restore those certain files because i cannot do it in find, and the only way i can think of doing it is is command-r during start up and restoring all my files. So how can i restore only certain files, on a clean lion install?? Thanks

C

chas_m

Nope. That isn't going to work.

Your Time Machine is smart and will not overwrite the new Lion files. It will move back everything that is RELEVANT (ie your stuff, the apps, the preferences) and leave newer files alone. Let it move back EVERYTHING that it wants to and then if you find there's something you want to get rid of, just delete it from your "new" setup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.