iMAC Monitor calibration

Reaction score
I purchased a new 27 inch iMAC in December of 2011. Everything on the screen looks great but I cannot get the colors to print out right. I have a new Epson sylus Photo 1400 printer. I had the same model with my old PC and it worked great. What I saw on the screen is what printed. I bought a Spyder 4 PRO monitor calibrator but that hasn't been any help either even though I have tried calibrating it in different light situations. The Spyder program is asking me to make certain adjustments on my iMAC which I can't seem to find. When I go under "displays" all I can manage to do is change the brightness levels and I'm sure that is one of the reasons my Spyder isn't doing the job. I'm really at wits end because I need to start printing some of my photos. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried using the "Color Sync" application in your Applications, Utilities folder? I don't know if that can be used in conjunction with the Spyder 4 Pro Monitor calibrator. It might be best to use it stand alone first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 iMac8, Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.06 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB hardrive
iMac Monitor calibration

This is a very complex issue if you have a backlit glossy screen. You should do a search on some photography forums to understand the problem. I use a GretagMacbeth iOne Display 2 calibration device and Color Eyes Display Pro software to dim the monitor sufficiently. Lots of luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.