Duplicate png files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
Hi All . . .
I was looking through stuff on my Mac mini and found a bunch of .png files with duplicate pictures. I cannot remember how I got to where they were or how they were duplicated...or when it happened. How can I once again find and delete all duplicate files throughout my computer? I have done a forum search on this. How do files like .png files get duplicated? What do I do in the future to prevent this? Thanks!
And another thing...I use Skype and found an application called Skype_old...what has happened there?
I do not have iPhoto and most of the duplicated .png files are the ones that come with the OS.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Have you updated Skype recently. When I upgraded the version of Skype that was on my system got renamed to Skype_old. If the new version is working well for you it's ok to delete Skype_old.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.