quicken for mac 2007

Reaction score
I just started using a Mac in January 2012.I've used quicken for windows over 15 years.I purchased Quicken Essentials for Mac and found out I can not print a report after I reconcile my account and a few other things that I do not like,I'm told to get Quicken for Mac 2007.And have to convert data and was wondering what other people feel about this program.Pros and cons?Any help would be appreciated.Thank you ahead of time.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Advice: Install Windows on your Mac using virtual machine software such as Parallels, Fusion, or the free VirtualBox and continue to run your copy of Quicken for Windows.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks

Thank you for your answer.I'm still not sure about running window programs on a Mac.I got away from the windows stuff.No problems doing that?

Reaction score
Isn't there 'quicken-like' software for Mac?

Also trying to present basic calcs for a volunteer group I'm assisting.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thank you for your answer.I'm still not sure about running window programs on a Mac.I got away from the windows stuff.No problems doing that?

Your new Mac will run Windows better than most Windows only machines. :)

No problem whatsoever. And since VirtualBox is free you've nothing to lose by trying it out. Of course you do need a legal version of Windows to install but you should be fine even with Windows XP. Here's the download LINK for VB.

C

chas_m

Actually, Quicken (which has always treated Mac users very shabbily despite the fact that Bill Campbell is an apparently valuable member of Apple's board) has updated Quicken 2007 to run on the latest OS and it works fine.

I can't agree with chscag's suggestion this once because you'd be going through a lot of bother to run ONE program. Yes, it's not the latest version of Quicken possible, but it should be more than adequate for what you're doing and has the features you are looking for, plus it's cheap. At least give the trial a shot before running off to Windows.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The usefulness of the updated Quicken 2007 for the Mac remains to be seen. Several folks who have bought into it have reported disappointing results. My advice is to stick with what you know and run your Windows copy in a VM.

Later on when you know your way around your Mac better, you can look into a financial program for OS X. There are many available, some good, some not so good. Most have a free trial that you can test before you buy.

The only other bit of advice... If you're currently using Quicken to manage your business, don't even think about the Mac version (updated or not). Definitely stick with the Windows version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AppleProTower mid 2012 - Quicksilver G4 , 1.4MHz, OS10.5.8
Quicken Essentials is clunky XXXX with many features left out. I have Quicken 2015 on this Mid 2012 ApplePRO Tower, but it's not nearly as good as 2007. Too many features left out. Quicken 2007 Runs great on Leopard OS10.5.8. There's an upgrade to Lion.
I've bought Money Dance and tried MoneyLine ... IMNSHO, Quicken 2007 is still superior to any other financial Program. That's why I keep my ole Quicksilver,1.4GHz, G4.
BUT, INTUIT (the makers of Quicken) have been, for me, impossible to reach except for Snail Mail.
BTW, since I bought an iMac for my wife, I threw away her HP Laptop, No more MicroSuck, crap/ware in this household.

C

chas_m

You're replying to a three-year-old thread, but again my point is that there are different types of "Quicken" users, and thus "use the Windows version" is not good as "blanket" advice for everyone. It is inarguable that the current Quicken on Windows is better than the Mac version, but people who are just trying to balance a checkbook are buying a tank to kill a mosquito -- there are many options for basic financial management that don't require the hoops, platform hostility, or cost of either Mac or Windows Quicken. **FOR THOSE PEOPLE**, this could mean something like the very well-regarded (but definitely not Quicken-like) iBank, or maybe Quicken's web service Mint (which was once its own company, which is why it doesn't suck like most Intuit products), or maybe their own bank's iOS app, or some other alternative will do the job.

And perhaps it won't, and what you really need is "real" Quicken. But that's something only you can judge, rather than "conventional wisdom" from 10+ years ago. Finances are not something where one shoe fits all feet; you'll need to look around and see what options best meet YOUR needs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.