canary/ccleaner compatibility issues...

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

Is anyone else having problems with CCleaner recognising Google Chrome Canary? I'm using a Mac Book Pro 2012 and the latest Lion OSX. Also, I'm completely open to recommendations for Mac Apps that would do the job of CCleaner (I just happen to like it from my PC days.)

Thanks! :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just because an app works great in Windows, don't assume that the same app will do likewise in OS X. I use CCCleaner also for my PCs but it's not the same for the Mac. Uninstall it and instead download and use the tried and true OnyX for OS X. It's free and can be downloaded from here.

OP
W
Reaction score
Just because an app works great in Windows, don't assume that the same app will do likewise in OS X. I use CCCleaner also for my PCs but it's not the same for the Mac. Uninstall it and instead download and use the tried and true OnyX for OS X. It's free and can be downloaded from here.

Thanks mate, I installed OnyX but couldn't get on with it! CCleaner still seems to be a bit more user friendly, at least for someone of my capabilities anyway! I'll keep searching for a pure MAC alternative.

But to remedy the problem in the OP I've deleted Chrome/Canary and trying my luck with Firefox; so far so good!

:p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.