Help - NTFS-3G could not mount /dev/disk2s1 error

Reaction score
So far my imac has been great, slowly learning my way around and all but this one problem annoys the heck out of me and I can't figure out how to fix it.

Everytime I restart the mac I get a message that says

NTFS-3G could not mount /dev/disk2s1
at /Volumes/2T WD myBook because the following problem occurred:

Did not receive a signal within 15.000000 seconds. Exiting...

What is this and how can I stop it from happening on every restart?

Bill

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
That NTFS 3G extension is for allowing the Mac to write to NTFS (Windows) disks. Do you have any of those trying to mount at startup?

I looked at the company website and it doesn't seem to mention Lion computability. at all NTFS-3G for Mac OS X. If you have the most current version and are still having trouble with it I would remove it.

Check out the last post in this thread for a better overview of the problem. It also contains a link to a different NTFS driver which many users seem to prefer. Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X software

OP
F
Reaction score
I do have an external 2tb drive hooked up for when I am in windows mode via bootcamp, I recall when I first got this installing something that let me move files to or from the mac but it was a trial and expired thought i removed it but I get that darn error everytime.

Where can I go to remove that program fully to stop that error message?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Try going into System Preferences and double clicking the NTFS - 3G icon. The window will open with several panes showing there is a "pill" type button marked Uninstall. I believe it is in the first (General) pane

If you re-download the installer from their site a PDF is included that talks about how to disable it without actually uninstalling. Though uninstalling is probably the best bet.

Reaction score
Hello

This solution helped me without problem, since I couldn't finish last step, immediately after that could not mount stopped. I have Lion 10.7.5 Macbook Pro 2011 and have NTFS Mac-fuse solution installed from early beginning. Don't stop be interested in know, there are solutions for Paragon and some other to. This looks quite dificult for me at first look but now I finally tried it and it takes about 10 minutes. Just don't be scare if you don't know terminal yet, then you'll be prompted to type password it looks like you can't type but you can. Just type and press enter.

Here's the link NTFS write support on OSX Lion with NTFS-3G - im.getting(this); (sometimes it takes little bit longer to load)

Hope it helps

PS: Sorry, I don't have time to read everything, just found working solution so I decided to post it everywhere

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.