Replacing Transmit with FileTrain

Reaction score
Hello there

Recently I have been looking for a more efficient way to transfer files to various businesses via FTP. I work for a photography company and we often send our pictures to various newspapers via FTP. We currently use Transmit which is good in that it does its job but there isn't to much option in terms of automation and there also does not seem to be any logs to see if file transfers failed or succeeded which would be nice. After having a look online FileTrain looks like a really solid program for setting up fully automated transfers and offers various options for all kinds of processes.

Now to the problem

I have looked for some setup manuals online for FileTrain for quite awhile now and I have not been able to find any except one on the devs website (Laidback Solutions) but it is html format and does not seem to work. It is not the most intuitive program to use unfortunately and I was hoping somebody on here has some experience with FileTrain and you can hopefully give me some guidance or show me where I can find some tutorials or anything.

It does have a looming feel of "if it ain't broken don't fix it" but my manager really wants this all automated so I am the one who has to figure this all out -.-

Any form of guidance will be much appreciated

Thanks a bunch

The Rabbit

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.