Need help setting up ATT.net email in Entourage

Reaction score
First, I'm an advanced user and know how set up POP mail. I have addresses (plural) already set up in Entourage and everything works perfectly...except...

I have a free @att.net email address, and for some inexplicable reason Entourage refuses to work with it. I read a couple of unverified posts here and there claiming to KNOW that Entourage will not work with any FREE att.net address that was created after a certain date (which no one can agree on). I can't recall exactly when I created this address, but it must be at least 6 months old.

Here are my current settings:
pop.att.yahoo.com / Port 995 / Requires SSL
smtp.att.yahoo.com / Port 465 / Requires SSL / Requires Authentication

The error I get on Send/Receive for this one account is: The server for account "ATT" returned and error "[AUTH] invalid user/password."

One last thing. One of my addresses (that works perfectly) is an @sbcglobal.net address. Yahoo, SBC, and AT&T all use the identical settings except for the port. My SBC address uses 100 and 25, which I also tried for the AT&T address. Big fat FAIL!

Any ideas?

Reaction score
I have the same problem.

Everywhere I look for advice gives me a COMPLETELY different answer, except to say that these two (att.net and Entourage) don't like to work together.:[

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.