Google Calendar to iPad - Sync Updated Appointments Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4 MBP 2.66 GHz i7 8GB RAM
I have my iPad (3rd gen) set up to sync email and calendar with Google. For the most part, the calendar sync works with new appts. added with no issue. Where I seem to run into issues is with changed appts. For example, I update an appt. to move it from Wednesday to Thursday and, although it updates correctly in the Google calendar, it doesn't change on my iPad. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Rick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I've been using Google exchange sync for email, contacts and calendars from the day it was available never had any calendar issues.

How is the sync setup?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
P.S. - I use gSyncit to sync appts. from my work Outlook to Google. They update fine from Outlook to Google, but the update is not flowing to the iPad. Perhaps it's something in the way the update to Google is made. I'll do some more experimenting there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I sync in exactly the same way (aside from gSyncit) and it's fine. Just tried addeding removing, changing, changing and changing again and the changes were reflected near instantly.

Is gSyncit put appointments in a dedicated/shared calendar? Maybe one that iOS doesn't have write permissions?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is gSyncit put appointments in a dedicated/shared calendar? Maybe one that iOS doesn't have write permissions?

gSyncit doesn't have any problem adding the original appt. so it doesn't appear to be a permissions issue. It appears to be only happening on one time appts.; changes to a recurring appt. appear to be working. Off to do more experimenting once I get into work.

Reaction score
Same Problem

I have this exact same problem.... Just started about a week ago. I sync from outlook to google cal to iphone 4s. has been working fine until about a week ago. New appointments from either the iphone, google cal, or outlook sync both ways. Whenever i try and change the day or time of an appointment on outlook it chnages in google cal but not on my iphone. The work around i have found is to turn the cal off on the iphone and then turn it back on which repopulates all of my appointments. This is not a great work around as i never know if my cal on iphone is 100% correct. HELP!!!!!!

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, I've been too busy to reply to this, but my research (limited as it was) did not support this being an iPad issue. I found that I had the same issue with the changes being synced to my android phone. The sync from Outlook to Google's calendar worked fine, so that would tend to rule out gSyncit, but I suppose it's possible that there's something that needs to be set behind the scenes to let Google calendar know a change was made.

I haven't had an opportunity to research any further than that and have since switched to an iPhone, which will rule out any more testing cross-platform.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.