Drive Formatting

Reaction score
Hey, not sure if you guys will be able to answer this but is there a way to format a drive as Mac OS Journaled while the windows.
Thanks in advance

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You're wanting to format a drive as Mac extended journaled while within Windows correct? If that is the case MacDrive sounds like it will get the job done and I think there is a free trial.

What exactly are you trying to do? If you simply want to take an existing FAT 32 or NTFS drive and format it for Mac use that can usually be done using Disk Utility on the Mac.

OP
H
Reaction score
Im trying to partition and format it as Mac OS Journaled so i can install mac os on without destroying all my windows files

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you are going to reformat the drive to OS X Journaled backup the data on that drive first. Reformatting the drive will destroy any data that is on it.. If you have access to a Mac you should be able to connect the drive to it and format the drive from there using Disk Utility.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And if Windows is running on a Windows PC it is illegal to install any Mac OS on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.