Better. Value 13" MBA vs 13" MBP

Reaction score
Hello, newbie here....

I am getting a laptop in the coming month and I torn between the 13" MBA vs MBP. At the same price I can't decide which to get. I will be using it for school this fall. I know the pro is more powerful and has a DVD drive, but has lower resolution and hhd, the air is less powerful but is so sleek and has ssd. Please give me your opinions in which will be a better value.

Thank you!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
The MBP is user upgradable while the MBA isn't. Down the line when you have the cash you could upgrade the RAM and a bigger HDD or SSD for the MBP. You won't be able to do that on the MBA that easily.

OP
P
Reaction score
I didn't think of that, thx. So I can't add ram to MBA? And is there a space for an additional ssd for the MBP? Or do u have to remove the hhd?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
mbp can be 1 hhd and 1 ssd with data doubler by taking out super drive or just 1 ssd and leave super drive as is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.