Skydrive and Mac

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I have installed Skydrive app for Mac and I want to be able to disconnect my computer from Skydrive remotely from skydive.com (in case of theft, etc.) but I do not see the name of my computer in the list of "Computers" in Skydrive.com. Is this because this feature requires Windows?

Many thanks :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You posted to the wrong forum. I moved your post here to the OS X Apps and Games forum where it belongs.

I have SkyDrive installed both on my iMac and 3rd generation iPad but I haven't experimented with it enough to answer your question. I do know that you have to have SkyDrive loaded and running on your Mac or other devices to be able to transfer files and data.

Off hand, since Microsoft has made this available to both Macs and PCs it shouldn't matter, however, I haven't tried to access that feature. If I find something out, I'll post back to this thread.

OP
C
Reaction score
You posted to the wrong forum. I moved your post here to the OS X Apps and Games forum where it belongs.

I have SkyDrive installed both on my iMac and 3rd generation iPad but I haven't experimented with it enough to answer your question. I do know that you have to have SkyDrive loaded and running on your Mac or other devices to be able to transfer files and data.

Off hand, since Microsoft has made this available to both Macs and PCs it shouldn't matter, however, I haven't tried to access that feature. If I find something out, I'll post back to this thread.

Thanks for putting my question in the right place.
Apparently the ability to remotely disconnect a Skydrive account from a computer is a Windows-only feature.

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's not good news if a Mac user can not remotely disconnect the SkyDrive. I like SkyDrive because it offers 7 GB of free space which is substantially more than Dropbox which I currently use.

A friend of mine recommended "SugarSync" which is free for non commercial use. Although it only offers 5 GB of free space, it might be better than SkyDrive. I'll have to give that a close look.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.