Flash Player in Firefox Problem

Reaction score
I am at wits end! I have an iMac with OS 10.5.8, with Safari and Firefox browsers installed. I needed to update the Firefox browser and also the Flash player. No video plays now. I get messages on You Tube about "some plugins required by this page have been blocked for your protection" and on other sites, "install Adobe Flash Player". I have tried uninstalling the Flash player and reinstalling. Nothing works. Can someone help? Or should I just trash Firefox and download another browser?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Is your iMac powerPC or intel?
In Firefox, go to the tools menu >Add-ons >Plugins andtell us what it says for version of Shockwave Flash (or Adobe Flash).

Did you get the Flash installer (.dmg) file directly from Adobe.com?

OP
M
Reaction score
Intel ... Shockwave flash is marked disabled due to security issues. As far as I know the installer came from Adobe.

Reaction score
If it's disabled it's because it's an older version. Firefox does this. Go to Adobe and install the latest version.
Should be 11.3.300.257

OP
M
Reaction score
The version you specify is for a later operating system than mine; Adobe specifies the version I downloaded. It's 10.3.183.20.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
I hadn't noticed that before (lower version for 10.5). Time to upgrade your OS X - 10.6 is only $29 from Apple or Amazon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.