What is the best LCD screen for my Mac Mini?

Reaction score
I recently purchased two Samsung LCD displays (Series 5 TA550, 21") to use with my Mac Mini, but the picture quality on them is not great - some of the fonts are a little blurry and the colours aren't quite as I would expect.

I've tried messing around with a number of different settings on the Mac Mini and the displays, but I am not getting what I need - crystal clear graphics and easy to read text.

What other LCD displays are members of the forum using, and can anyone give me any tips on how to improve what I have? I am considering returning these and looking at an alternative.

Thanks for reading :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You should be getting a clear display on those screens.

Are you using the native resolution of the screen?

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, yes I simply plugged the monitors into the mac mini and switched them on, using 1080p HDMI, I expected it to work fine but the picture is a little blurry in places, certainly with smaller fonts, such as the tab names in Safari.

Is there anything I can do to tweak this? I'm quite new to the world of Mac, having converted (finally!) from my windows pc?

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you're sending out 1920x1080 from the Mini to that Samsung panel (22"?) then everything should be pin sharp. Very small text may be fuzzy. But I wouldn't tab text to be fuzzy.

Do you have another screen you could try? TV?

OP
D
Reaction score
I have two of the screens and have been advised by the company I bought them from to return them and replace them with proper monitors. Apparently these are TV's first, monitors second, and the image will not be as good quality? Odd, as I thought HDMI was HDMI, but apparently not.

Anyway, it's Iiyama's next, I will see how I get on with those!

Thanks for your help with this :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.