iphoto error

Reaction score
I am encountering an error message with iPhoto it reads "The volume for IMG.....cannot be found. Insert the disk or connect to the server volume and wait for it to appear on the desktop, then try again" Help please....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
OP
K
Reaction score
iPhoto Error Volume not Found

You were correct. I looked and found that somehow when I upgraded my iPhoto the preferences to import into my iPhoto library got changed. So this is good moving forward. Thank you.I tried to rebuild my library but this didn't correct the problem with my existing photos that were imported during this period. Do you have any suggestions? Is there a permission option somewhere in iPhoto or finder that would allow me to work with these photos? Is there a way of duplicating them so I can work with them?Thanks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
but this didn't correct the problem with my existing photos that were imported during this period.
That's because, with the Copy To iPhoto Library option not being ticked, they weren't imported. iPhoto created the thumbnail on the understanding that when you wanted to view the photo, the device with the photo on would be connected to your Mac.

You will have to import them again...if you can.

OP
K
Reaction score
Ratz! That's unfortunate : (

Thanks for helping me catch it before it got worse

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.