ATV2 problems

Reaction score
Hey
is anyone having a problem with their ATV2? I keep experiencing it cutting off half way through playing. It used to do it once a week (est) and I used to have to reset it, now it is everyday!
any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hey
is anyone having a problem with their ATV2? I keep experiencing it cutting off half way through playing. It used to do it once a week (est) and I used to have to reset it, now it is everyday!
any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks

How's it set up? Ethernet or wireless ?

OP
R
Reaction score
It's on wireless. My network strength is really good though. The ATV3 in the other room doesn't have a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi,

Did you add in the ATV3 recently and is this in use at the same time?

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi, I haven't added it recently. It is AVT2 not 3. They have both been on the network the same amount of time. They aren't running at the same time all the time. I would say I use mine every day but the folks only use theirs about once a week. They obviously cross over sometimes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Signal strength can be a bit misleading, what is also important is the signal to noise ratio within your environment (noise caused by obstacles, metal objects nearby, microwaves etc) and possible choking up of the available wireless bandwidth in your home and locality..... or maybe just a tired router that needs refreshing.

A few things that you can try initially.

Power down your wireless modem/router (pull the plug) and leave it for five minutes then plug back in. Update the firmware on the router. Check that there are no cordless phone base stations nearby or that no metal objects have recently been placed near the router itself. Count up all the devices using your router, the more there are on the same frequency the more likely that you will get dropouts.

Download a free app for example iStumbler, you can see the local routers in your area and what channel and frequency that they are transmitting on. If some are on the same channel then change yours or set your router to 'auto channel'. The other routers are likely on 2.4 gHz and unless you have a dual band router all your other devices are likely to be to as well, which may be slowing things up and causing dropouts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.