MBP suddenly slow. Please help

Reaction score
I have searched and serched and have done everything I could so far. Yesterday I decided to organize my MBP and delete things I no longer use or need. As far as I can remember I have not deleted anything important but my computer since then has been beyond slow. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING I do it takes atleast 3 minutes to open and I have the wonderful rainbow ball. Even trying to log out or even initially log in it takes a long time. I tried the other two accounts and for a few seconds everything worked smooth but then started to be slow as well. I been watching the Activity monitor and nothing is taking up space. Here are stats.

CPU
%User 0.25
%System 0.25
% Idle 99.25 (I have not seen this fall below 90%.

System Memory
Free: 2.41 Gb VW Size:135.00 Mb
Wired:644.1 Mb Page Ins: 359.00 Mb
Active:621.2 Mb Page Outs: 0 bytes
Inactive:235.3 Mb Swap used: 0 bytes
Used:1.47 Gb

I have deleted all the Cache and have repair the permissions. I have absolutely no clue what to do anymore. I am new with Mac but a quick learner. I have tried the PRAM reset I believe it is. I do not have my disk with me because I work offshore so I can not do anything with that till I get back home. I would hate to restore my computer but if I have too I will.

Computer Info
I have a mid 2010 MBP with the intel I5 processor, 4gb ram DDR(thinking of upgrading anyways) 320Gb HD with 189Gb being utilized.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.