New iPad case?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 macbook pro 13.3'' i7 750gb 8gb ram, iPad 3 64gb white, black iPhone 5
I have recently picked up a white iPad I got it a week before going away so I popped down to Tesco and got a cheap silicone one but it was for the iPad 2and the headphone jack didn't line up so at the airport I got a gear 4 icebox case and I really liked it as the black on white looks good and the clear back shows of the iPad to its full. But over the holiday iamnoticing that the acrylic back is picking up scratches easily. Does any one have any other cases like this.

I am the person who has the apple stuff and wants people to know and see it.

Or will I just have to put up with the scratches and replace it ever couple of months.

Also should I have a screen protector on it as it is sometimes in and out of bags and I am worried that it may get a scratch which will ruin that retina display. If I should which one which won't ruin the clarity of the display

Reaction score
Many questions will arise from your inquiry. Here are a few:

1. You prefer a hard otter box type case or folding leather case with cover?

2. You want a black in color case or a white case?

To answer your question, yes I would say you need a protective film to cover the screen. That is one of the first things I purchase right away when I get a iPad or iPhone. In fact a majority of the time I order these accessories before I get the iPad or iPhone. Also, getting the shiny style film as compared to the Matt finish really shows of the more detailed retina display of the new iPad (my opinion/ many may disagree). Yes, you get more glare with the gloss protective screen, but you don't loose display clarity.

I currently have a white in color folding leather case with magnets in the cover flap, so when it close it, it shuts of the screen of the iPad. The company is called "Kore Tech". It is a very beautiful and durable case. I purchased it off of Amazon. Did you get the wi-fi only model or the 3G model?

P.S. I also prefer the white color iPad. I had the black version first, but sold it and picked up the 64 GB 3G model in white. It doesn't show fingerprints as much.

Take Care and may God bless.

Ed;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5
As far as I am concerned there is only one appropriate case for the iPad.

MyCase Concepts, Cases with Personality

It says Don't Panic in large, friendly letters. Because, after all, the iPad is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Reaction score
I forgot what it's called but there's a case that's pretty much indestructible that is interesting.

Reaction score
I got the Griffin Survivor for my new iPad and love it. Very nice and very protective case. I feel like it can handle what ever I throw at it. LOL. Very nice case though. I figure cheap insurance for a high dollar device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 15" MBP, OSx 10.8.4, Ipad 64g (2012), Iphone 4S, Ipod Nano
I got the Otterbox defender case for mine and my wives New Ipads, we really like them. you can get in in different colors too. has a cover that snaps on it and also puts the Ipad to sleep.

Reaction score
I got the Otterbox defender case for mine and my wives New Ipads, we really like them. you can get in in different colors too. has a cover that snaps on it and also puts the Ipad to sleep.

Does it go on and off the ipad easily?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 15" MBP, OSx 10.8.4, Ipad 64g (2012), Iphone 4S, Ipod Nano
Does it go on and off the ipad easily?

if you are wanting a case that you can remove regularly the otterbox isnt for you, it encases the Ipad for protection. so the answer to your question would be no.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.