iPhoto folder

Reaction score
I new in this forum and I have a question about some hide files(the pictures that I down load from my camera to iPhoto) store in my hard drive. When I down load the picture from my camera to my Mac OS X 10.4.11 using iPhoto, I don't know were the computer store the Library that contain the pictures.If I try to find the pictures with Finder I can't find them but if I drag my picture to Photoshop and I look with photoshop were my pictures are store I see that the pictures are store in my hard drive in a folder call Volume but the folder it isn't high light, infact when I open my hard drive to find that folder call Volume that should contain my pictures I can't find it.
Thank you for your help
Carlo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
If you download from your camera to iPhoto, then don't worry where they are stored, just do everything from within iPhoto. Do you know that in iPhoto Preferences, you can set iPhoto to edit your pictures in Photoshop? All you do then, is double click on a photo in iPhoto and it opens up in Photoshop.

If you really, really want to know where they are, they are stored in Home Folder>Pictures>iPhoto Library(Snow Leopard). You'll need to right/ctrl click and select Show Package contents, to see inside.

Your photos will be in the Originals folder and any that you have edited will be in the Modified folder.

However, if you go messing about in those folders, you can seriously mess up iPhoto, so I would advise you to leave them alone and do everything from within iPhoto.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.